What Improvements will make a Home more Attractive to Buyers During this Pandemic.
A lot has changed during these past 8 months in Los Angeles…
The fact is as people are spending more time at home, the way buyers are looking at their future homes has changed too along with their wants and needs. Things that you as a homeowner once overlooked when you were searching for a home are now becoming a must-haves for Covid-time buyers. So here are a few things that are worth your time and effort to focus on whether you want to do some upgrading, remodeling or just spruce up your home a little bit before putting it on the market.
1. Backyard - With more and more time spent at home, the backyard is now a separate oasis and refuge from being stuck indoors all day and a place to relax.
Think about adding a comfortable seating area around a gas fireplace/pit so you can
still have people over in the safety and comfort of your backyard. Maybe invest in a gas heater(s) as well. These small things can be motivating factors for buyers.
2. Home Office - A home office is now seen as an obvious necessity.
If you do have an extra room and can build some built-in shelves and/or a desk or create a dedicated area in your home, even if it's a small nook somewhere, it will create a more desirable effect for buyers.
3. Wi-Fi Connection - To go along with a home office, a small investment in a signal booster as a way to improve your connection speed is a huge plus!
4. Home Gym - Nowadays working out from home is more desirable than ever. Using an extra room in your house, a dedicated space in the backyard or even the garage is seen as a welcome amenity. Building in some extra storage space for equipment is helpful too.
5. Fence - Are your kids clamoring for a dog? Seeing that you are spending more time at home now, it may seem more feasible for many families. Make sure your fence is in good order with no gaping holes for animals to escape through or an unwanted animals to visit you.
6. Pool Equipment - Have you been neglecting your pool equipment? Pools, especially in the San Fernando Valley, are a regular and vital part of life here in Los Angeles. Newer pool equipment or an upgrade to solar will go a long way and add extra confidence to a potential buyer that your home has been as well maintained too!
These are just a few things that can help you sell your home faster and for money in these COVID times. As always, we are here to help and make suggestions based on your personal needs. Don’t hesitate to reach out! We are here to help.