Looking to Buy a Home? How a Realtor Can Save You Time and Money.
Can you find a home on your own? Of course you can, that’s the fun part! But a Realtor can help you with much more than that! Here is a list of 4 things plus one crucial bonus that a Real Estate agent can do for you to help you save time and money.
1) An agent can help you save time and money by finding a home faster than you!
If you are only looking at open houses on Sundays, this is going to be a very slow process.
An agent's job is to find you homes that may or may not be on the market. He/she will preview them as well as set up appointments to view them at a time that is most more convenient for you.
Keep in mind that in Los Angeles, by the time properties get to a Sunday open house some of them already have already received multiple offers (on them) and you may be too late. Real estate agents see these properties go on the market in real time (you can too if you are set up by your agent on the MLS for automatic listings). Even if you are looking casually, eventually you will find a home you like and you will have to move quickly. Having an agent already in place and ready to prepare your offer will assure that you can at least get your "hat in the ring".
2) Realtors do price analysis for you – Once you find a home or condo you like, your real estate agent will look at previously sold properties in the area (comparables or “comps”) and let you know if the asking price (they are asking) is reasonable. Your agent will show you how to put it all into perspective.
3) A Real Estate agent will make an offer and negotiate on your behalf – Making an offer that will be attractive to a seller is key!
Realtors know the right questions to ask and how to put together an offer that will rise to the top and get you noticed. Knowing how to stay competitive in a multiple offer environment especially when looking for a home in Santa Monica, Brentwood, West LA, Beverly Hills or anywhere on the Westside of Los Angeles is a key part of the business.
Negotiation is a key ingredient to getting what you want in a transaction. In the end the agent wants you to get the property you want without paying an arm and leg for it or making too many concessions.
4) A Real Estate agent will walk you through all the paperwork - There is a lot of paperwork and an agent will explain it all so you know exactly what you are signing! They will catch small details that a seller may add to make sure you are not giving anything away or paying for something unexpected.
Plus one other bonus that you probably didn’t know….
5) A Realtor has access to private remarks on MLS listings that you do not. These are crucial bits of information about a home that could influence your decision about whether or not to look seriously at a property in the first place. It could be things such as death on property, bathroom has not been permitted, no hardwood floors allowed, etc... These important details can affect the price and desirability of a property.
In the end, the job of a Realtor is very comprehensive and best of all absolutely free to the buyer since the seller pays his/her's commission to the buyer so it makes so much sense to always work with your own Realtor when making such an important purchase as a house or a condominium in Los Angeles.
For more info and to be set up on the MLS please contact Michel Bron at Bron Realty Group (310)467-8042 or Michel@BronRealtyGroup.com